22 March 2013

Yosakoi Dance Festival

Recently there was a yosakoi dance festival in my city. It happens once a year and is really fun to watch. There's also festival food stands everywhere.


Dance groups from all over Japan come and perform. They close off most of the main streets in the city centre and the performances happen in about six different locations at once so the whole city is dancing all day!

It's very energetic and looks like loads of fun. There's a lot of call and response as they are dancing. At some points they let members if the crowd join in. There was a little girl near me who ran in and looked so happy to be part of it.

I was on my way to my own dance class so I could only watch a few groups but I'm glad I got to see it again this year!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosakoi





3 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha, thanks for your comment, I'm so glad you like my work! If I remember rightly the book called 'victoria stitch 2' is exactly the same as 'victoria stitch' except it has had proper bleed put round the edges. this means the pictures should reach to the edges of the pages with no white space just in case you don't know. I actually have quite a few copies of the book here in my attic though so let me know if you would rather just buy one off me instead for

    £6.00 including p&p (i had to put the price up on lulu because they take so much commission) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wait I just saw you live in Japan! sorry! i am not sure how much p&p that would be. You may just want to get it off Lulu... might be easier. Either way I am glad you like my work :)

    ReplyDelete