23 January 2012

Calligraphy Exhibit

Over winter break one of my friends asked me to go to a calligraphy show with her. She goes every week to study and her teacher was one of the people displayed I think.
IMGA0001
I couldn’t read a lot of it but neither could my friend and she is Japanese!
There were a lot of traditional style displays.
IMGA0005
IMGA0012
As well as more art than writing…
IMGA0024
IMGA0038
And some you couldn’t really tell that they were writing at all!
IMGA0030
IMGA0033
IMGA0031
It was really interesting, I’ll definitely go if there’s another exhibit. I did calligraphy at evening classes for a year but that was in my first year here so I could barely write katakana never mind kanji! I think I still have my stuff in the back of the cupboard so I might drag it out one day and have a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment