10 June 2012

Bunkasai

So on Saturday it was my school’s “Bunkasai” or culture festival.

Most high schools in Japan have this. Each homeroom chooses a theme and transforms the classroom. The school is then open to the public all day Saturday and the classes and clubs present their themes. Usually the guests are parents, friends and prospective students.

In the past I’ve seen some amazing transformations at other schools. A hospital, a climb through Alice in Wonderland theme, a trip through an over-sized rubbish dump.

My school for some reason tends to mainly be food, it’s like there’s twenty-odd mini cafes! Each class serves only one types of food usually for between 50-100yen. This year of the ones I saw we had pancakes, frankfurters, parfait, a tapioca bar, yakisoba, okonomiyaki, yakitori, popcorn, tortilla chips and choco-bananas.

IMG_8521

The non-food themes I saw were a giant Othello board in one class, a haunted house and my class, our theme was eco-crafts.

I made a bunch of samples and the students had to make their own version and an original eco-craft of their own choice.

My desk tidy:

IMG_7910

All the samples I made:

IMG_9851

Each student had their own crafts on their desks and we had a gallery. We didn’t win but I think the students had a good day interacting with the public!

No comments:

Post a Comment