28 January 2011

Afraid of Trying


I keep reading blogs and tips and articles about being creative and getting past the block and actually doing things.

And I get excited and think yes! I'm going to make something! Anything!

But then I don't.

I'll watch TV, and I could prep some art journal pages or basecoat some nail chips while watching but I don't...

I think I'm afraid of trying because if I try I might fail. If I don't try then I know I won't fail.

But I won't succeed either.

This is a pattern that goes through other things in my life, from studying to learning any new skill.

Which is probably why I'm not very accomplished at any one thing.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here, but I'm happy that I am becoming aware of this part of me. For now I'm going to observe my patterns, then I will work on changing them.

At my own speed.


No comments:

Post a Comment