27 September 2012

Performing in Japanese

So we had the final day of the workshop last Saturday and the performance was on Sunday.

The performance was a mix of scripted scenes, improvisation and demonstrating some of the training we did during the workshop time. Friends and family of the performers came as well as members of the theatre company and the director of the theatre company! Even the guy running the workshop was surprised that the director came!

Everything went ok, there were a few tiny mistakes but nothing that the audience would have noticed.

As for me, I had the least to do but I didn't mess up thankfully! It was really fun in the end and as usual I get more lively when there's an audience than I am in rehearsals! I'm proud of myself for signing up and doing it. It's been too long since I was acting on stage, even though I danced in March.

After the show most people went out for Chinese food which was really fun, and afterwards a member of the company emailed about the possibility of continuing and creating some kind of amateur group associated with the professional company. That would be so brilliant and definitely help me find my place in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment