25 December 2010

My Christmas Dinner

Traditional? No
Delicious? Yes

I met my friend and her friend and we went to a nice Italian restaurant that I'd never been to before, it was really good food! There was nothing close to Christmassy so I went for the tomato pasta of the day...



We were sitting by the Christmas Tree so I got arty



I used the More Noel iPhone app to make it sparkly! :)



And Polarize because that's one of my all time favourite apps.

After dinner we went to volunteering and helped pick up rubbish at the river. So much rubbish gets washed up, it's really sad. We only get one planet!! (−_−;)

It was so cold out there so afterwards my friends and I went to the tiniest cafe! There was one table that could sit maybe six people and a little section at the back for cooking. The guy who runs it was a laid-back surfer and we chatted to him for a while about travel and learning other languages.

Then it was back home to snuggle up on my sofa with chocolate and a blanket and skype home. Everyone there seems to be coping, I'm glad they can support each other!


So that's another "first" after the loss of my brother. It's supposed to get easier but I honestly think I'm still blocking my feelings and am in denial so I may have hard stuff to work through ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment