2 June 2016

Oh, hello!

I have not updated this in a LONG time. I really should've documented the process of the biggest transition that has happened in the last year or so... I moved back to the UK!

It's not been easy, they tell you about reverse culture shock but I honestly thought it would last a month or so and then I would settle- this is not true. It's a long process and a year later I'm still working through it.

I was thinking about what to change the title of the blog to, as I am not longer living in Japan, but to be honest...it still feels like I'm down the rabbit hole... just a different one. Where do I belong??

Or maybe I want to go back to Wonderland?

Anyway, for now I will keep the title as I try to navigate life back 'home'. I do wish I had written during this whole year but I guess I was kept busy writing essays for school. I think I'll try and write past posts about the experience in a completely random way as I think of them. We'll see. I've missed blogging and I'm thinking of starting a new 'topic' based one- it I can find the right topic.

Lots of ideas, lots of ideas... most with not come to anything but that's the way isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Better late than never, eh! It's good to see you back blogging again :) I really missed it when I stopped for a period and sometimes it's difficult to think of things to say but I always feel proud of myself for each post. It's definitely worth making the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I just saw this, must set up notifications again! I have missed it, but to be fair I've had a lot of writing to to this year! I need breaks from dissertation though so hopefully I'll keep updating more frequently...

      Delete