28 December 2012

2012 Round Up

Well, the world didn't end in 2012, so here's hoping we can make a better one starting in 2013!

My 2012 Round Up!



January
A friend from Australia came to stay and caused a mini-reunion.

February
My purikura blog turned one!
I went to a play with my job which will become relevant later...
I made a new friend.

March
I did my first ever dance show!


I went to Nagoya for the weekend.
Saw Asian Kung-Fu Generation perform.
My very first homeroom class graduated junior high school.

April
My new class arrived at school and we had a welcome camp
My new friend from February came to school to do an art workshop with my class

May
I spent Golden Week in Tokyo catching up with people
I did facepainting for an event at work

June
It was the school's culture festival with some private life awkwardness!
Caught up with two good friends in Nagoya
Took and failed the KanKen.

July
Went back to the UK
Saw Wicked in London

Stayed with one of me best friends there

August
Went "Up North" to my home home.
Saw my family, had a BBQ
Went to the theatre
Went to Scotland too.
Saw most of my family on a tour back to London for the plane!
Did something scary that I've never done before. (Sorry it's a secret!)

September
Did a theatre workshop in Japanese with the professional group that I went to see in February

Had director rehearsals everyday for my students' English play

October
Went to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
Went to a purikura company to talk to the international marketing department
My students performed Alice in Wonderland in English.

November
Got the iPhone5
Did a second dance show
Went on a steam train

Chopped my hair shorter for the first time in three years


December
Saw a play of Romeo and Juliet in Japanese
Did something amazing on Christmas Day (Sorry, that's a secret too)
Had a lovely Christmas dinner with four friends.
Met my friend's baby

I didn't realise at the time but I've had a pretty amazing year, especially when I think about the years before. I still struggle with things and I slip backwards often. But I think I'm getting closer to becoming... I don't know, normal? I guess I'm getting a bit maudlin with the New Year coming.

For the past few years all I've wanted was for bad things not to happen in the coming year, it's shaky but I'm getting hope back and I hope for good things in the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment