2 September 2011

Rizzle Kicks

So while I was at home I heard a track in HMV that made me stay in the store til the end of the song so I could find out who it was by. Since I came back I've had it on repeat on YouTube, the song is Down With the Trumpets by Rizzle Kicks.
So very British...

I love that they sound so English in the songs. Sometimes British singers lose their accents and the hip-hop copies from American sounds. But these guys couldn't be from anywhere else, they even have mugs of tea in their videos!

They went to the BRIT School (performing arts) same as Amy Winehouse, Jessie J and Twist & Pulse.

Here's the song that was playing in HMV, Down With the Trumpets...


Best lyric: We're running round like we're brainless, now I've got grass stains on my brand-new white trainers

The other song I like is Miss Cigarette, I think the lyrics are really clever and the mood is really chilled out...

;

Best lyric: She's got a mate called Benson, but he's a bit of a waster

Well, I'm going to put these songs on repeat and chill out while the typhoon goes on outside.

Laters!

PS Smoking kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment